Its construction dates back to the years 1909 – 1912 and was in service during the Great War. Like the other batteries, it was connected by the narrow gauge Decauville railway network. The Pisani battery was more lightly armed than the Amalfi, with howitzers with a shorter range and still of a nineteenth-century design, so it could not be used to face the war on the Lower Piave front. During the Second World War, it housed an anti-aircraft artillery post and, after being decommissioned, it was occupied by civilian families who abandoned it in the last decades of the last century. It takes its name from the Venetian commander Vettor Pisani who defeated the Genoese fleet of Pietro Doria during the Chioggia war in 1380.
The Vettor Pisani battery is today the fulcrum of the “Via dei Forti” itinerary: a museum and a real incubator for exhibitions, events and a study centre.
Battery V. Pisani, open to the public since July 9, 2017, is experiencing its rebirth today: a museum and true incubator of shows, events and a study center, it is the fulcrum of the route that links the numerous fortifications present in Cavallino-Treporti.
The restoration interventions carried out on the Battery were in fact studied not only for the recovery of the heritage it represents but also to make it the gateway to the entire Via dei Forti historical complex.
Restored and with new spaces dedicated to exhibitions, inside you can find various exhibitions, each featuring a specific theme linked to the Great War and the Cavallino-Treporti area.